Travel Days: Friday May 19th to Sunday May 21st
Stay Dates: Sunday May 21st to Saturday May 27th
Travel Distance: 1463.6 miles with two overnight stops at Hampton Inn in Richmond, Indiana and Hampton Inn in Kearney, Nebraska
Rental: VRBO https://www.vrbo.com/3992771ha?unitId=4380492
- Rental Internet: 4/5 Service was strong during the days so working was not problem. The internet tended to go out in the evenings.
- AT&T: 0/5 Service not available for work
- T-Mobile 0/5 Service not available for work
- View: 3.5/5 Other houses 😦
- Tranquility: 5/5 Only a few cars passed by each day
- Location: 5/5 Easy access to the interstate and lots to do in the area
At the entrance to the Snowy Range just outside or Laramie, Wyoming we spent a week at over 8,000 feet and received late May snow every day. The long view was very nice but was interrupted in the foreground by neighboring houses. The rental itself provided a very comfortable stay and we were able to walk a short distance for decent sunrises. Either the weather didn’t cooperate or the looming mountains obstructed good views of sunset. The area was quite and as soon as the roads opened for the season we had easy access into the snowy range.
The view of sunrise from just down the street.
We were able to visit the Wyoming territorial prison in Laramie and drive the Snowy Range Scenic byway during our stay. Almost all the trails in the snowy range as well as many of the pull offs were still covered in a few feet of snow. The lakes were also still frozen. We will have to visit later in the summer in order to fully experience the area.
The view from just up the street, before the snow.With snow the mountains hid in the clouds.